Thursday, October 18, 2012

Color Oops



The hair color "Red" as most people identify it, a vibrant elmo red, is something only some people can pull off. Not only is it hard to pull off it is also a commitment that most people underestimate. When you color your hair, lets say "Elmo red", you are making a long commitment till that color washes out or you dye your hair a dark brown or black. Unlike Blues and Greens, that fade to a very scary brown, "Elmo red" only fades lighter and lighter to a pink and bleaching over a "Elmo red" or stripping a "Elmo red" will just turn to a lighter pink (Unless several applications are to be applied.)
Here are some pictures of Reds that HAVE worked and reds that are not my favorite, and my process to getting rid of these "Reds".

  • Rock N' Roll Red by Manic Panic
I really liked this one because it wasn't TOO vibrant and I got alot of compliments on it even without coloring my new growth. It started to fade to a orangish-pink which I didnt dig too much so something had to be done...

I colored my sister's highlights with Pravanna Red and just decided to save some money and color my hair with the rest of it, here are the sad results:


  • Pravanna Red

It was just too "Hot" for me (Too Bright) I thought it was this creepy bright crazy stuff that I didn't want to be seen in public with. Well when you color your hair at 11 at night you dont have too many options for places to get color so unfortuantly I had to make a very straight forward decision to get this:



  • SPLAT Luscious Rasberry
Not much of a change just maybe in my ends. It was a awful nightmare that I couldn't escape. So I had no choice. I really couldn't stand being seen in public like this. Back in High School this TOTALLY would have been my thing but defiantly not this age. So it was time for an extractor.




  • ColorOops (Application 1)
 
  It did lighten my hair and extract probably the first coloring process but I REALLY don't want this color. Im done this commitment was a bad idea like a Vegas wedding. My hair feels like stringy plastic, cant even comb through it. So I applied Renewing Moroccan argan oil. My hair feels so great, it just doesnt look as beautiful.


Love the streaks? Lol.
I will be applying a second dose of ColorOops tomorrow, hopefully eliminating the hideous color. Thank GOD I don't have to work tomorrow!
:) 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment